- Take reasonable steps to correct potential safety risks and prevent further damage.
- Keep accurate record of your repair expenses.
- Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired, and check with your claim representative before discarding any items.
- If your loss is a result of a third party’s conduct or action, you need to secure as much information about that third party and submit that information at the same time you file your claim.
- If your business premises has been damaged so severely that you are not able to continue with your business operations, please advise us accordingly when you report the claim. We will explain to you any coverages that may be available to you regarding loss of business income.
The above general descriptions of coverages are not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements that may be applicable.
How to Report a Claim
We understand how stressful and confusing a claims scenario can be. Help us help you by providing the following information in the event of a claim.
- Policy Number
- Date and description of the loss
- Names and contact information for all parties involved (insured, claimant, witnesses, etc.)
- Any documentation that could be useful to evaluate the claim including; video, photos, policy or incident reports, bills, statements, legal documents, etc.